Welcome message

Dear friends,

Welcome to my blog. I am honored to have you visit. I hope you'll find my articles a blessing. I welcome your input and especially comments and questions.

I write as a Christian from Jerusalem, Israel about Biblical subjects.

I am particularly interested in the subjects of children, families, women's issues, corporal punishment, science and nature as these subjects relate to the Holy Scriptures.

For more information, see my website: www.biblechild.com

With every good wish - Samuel Martin

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Want Information on Jewish Scholars Against Corporal Punishment? Read these!

In mentioning this book - Munk, Sparing the Rod: A Torah Perspective on Reward and Punishment in Education: Mishor Publishing, Bnei Brak, 1989 - available via Judaica Express I hope, 1-800-2-BOOKS-1 - I thought it appropriate not to miss an opportunity to mention and strongly endorse another excellent book which is quoted often in the above mentioned book - http://www.feldheim.com/planting-and-building-in-education.html - Do yourself a favor and buy this book.

I know that I have reread mine half a dozen times and will probably read it another half a dozen times because it is so full of powerful Biblical teachings.
Thanks to the book's translator, Rabbi Lawrence Kelemen (www.lawrencekelemen.com) - whose own book 'To Kindle a Soul' is an absolute must have. Rabbi Kelemen is a strong opponent of corporal punishemt I am happy to say and thankfully his book has been well received. If you don't know about it, I urge you to join the more than 30,000 others who did buy it and were blessed by it.

No comments: