Welcome message

Dear friends,

Welcome to my blog. I am honored to have you visit. I hope you'll find my articles a blessing. I welcome your input and especially comments and questions.

I write as a Christian from Jerusalem, Israel about Biblical subjects.

I am particularly interested in the subjects of children, families, women's issues, corporal punishment, science and nature as these subjects relate to the Holy Scriptures.

For more information, see my website: www.biblechild.com

With every good wish - Samuel Martin

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Women's Intuition and Corporal Punishment: Did you feel intuitively that spanking/smacking your children was wrong?

Women's Intuition and Corporal Punishment: 
Did you feel intuitively that spanking/smacking your children was wrong?
Of late, I’ve been thinking a lot about feminine voices. In particular, I guess I would pin point it to deep thoughts on the subject of women’s intuition. This is because ever since I started writing about Scripture and developed my views published in my book on corporal punishment (spanking/smacking) in the Biblical context, I’ve been contacted by so many women about my work. By the way, my book is available for free. Simply write me at: info@biblechild.com and ask for the e-book “Thy Rod and Thy Staff, They Comfort Me: Christians and the Spanking Controversy” or download it free here - https://www.biblechild.com/assets/thy-rod-and-thy-staff-they-comfort-me-mar-2013.pdf.

Also available here on Amazon in hard copy - https://www.amazon.com/Thy-Rod-Staff-They-Comfort/dp/0978533909/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2FF8KXS6UQ1Z1&keywords=thy+rod+and+thy+staff+they+comfort+me&qid=1562349554&s=gateway&sprefix=thy+rod+and+t%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-1
One message that I’ve heard over and over again from so many different mothers was that they never felt quite right about corporal punishment. Intuitively down deep somewhere in that magical place of motherhood, there was this voice crying out to them and the voice was saying one simple word: “No!” So many of these moms contacted me and told me this story and I’ve been thinking about it of late.
So, I’ve been thinking about these voices of motherhood calling out and I’ve been struggling with this idea. I have to say that when it comes to subjects like women’s intuition, I’m for sure in unfamiliar territory. Most men don’t, I think, spend too much time thinking about women’s intuition.
So, I decided to do a bit of research. I got this survey together and I got all ready to send it out, but some small inspiration got in the way of that plan and I started to write today (July 24) because today I learned things that I didn’t know before. For sure a day of what I call “theological dot to dot.” Those magical moments when after connecting those dots together, you see something you never saw before. For me, my greatest miracles take place in libraries.
So, what did I learn? What I came to see was what I am calling them “The Feminine Voices of Scripture” in a much greater way than I ever have before. These voices are crying out to us today and they have been there all along, but I just came to see that I have not been properly listening to them. Oh yes, I had ears to hear and eyes to see, I could listen to their words in audio or read them on a page, but I never really appreciated the source, the voice, and in this case, the feminine voice. But today, I listened and heard something different.
I’ll have much more to say on this in the coming months on this blog, but now, I’d like to return to the issue of the survey I’ve developed on women’s intuition. I am sending the link and I would be really appreciative if you’d take part in this survey. This survey is seeking information from mothers so if you would like to answer it yourself, that would be great or feel free to pass it on to anyone you know who might be a mother. Thanks so much for your participation. I am really looking for an interesting result to this survey. I’ll be sharing this information soon. To take part, please follow this link:

6 comments:

Mother Chook said...

Yes I did... and now working as Parent Encourager, I find many, many older women say the same thing... that they felt it was wrong but didn't know any alternatives. I think in the past generations we have confused discipline with punishment, instead of discipline meaning to train a follower. So, my message to parents is to "get there first. Let the child know what is going to happen and equip them with the appropriate behaviour. e.g. going shopping - "We're going to the store. I want you to stay close to me and the trolley, and I wonder if you could be in charge of finding the milk and the butter." _ much more successful for reacting when the child does not know their boundaries and acts in a way we don't expect.

Thank you for your blog!
Julie

Samuel Martin said...

Julie,

Thanks so much for this message. I am really appreciative to hear from you to hear your experience.

It is so great to hear your viewpoint.

Wonderful advice.

Best wishes,

Samuel Martin

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am alone in what I believe (in my area) and get my encouragement from people like you online. I have your book (paper copy) and just found your blog. I will be reading it all! Thank you! God bless you and your tender heart!

Natalie

Samuel Martin said...

Natalie,

Thanks for your message.

I was so honored to hear from you and am very happy you have been blessed by my book.

You can now get it as a free ebook to share with friends and relatives.

Feel free to write me at: info@biblechild.com.

All the best

Sam Martin

Shi said...

I was so excited when I found your blog last year, and not long after, purchased your book. Ever since I was a child I KNEW spanking was wrong, and that it is not what I want for my daughter. Thankfully, through prayer and tons of research and my own personal feelings on it, my husband realized as well that it is not something that should be done (we were both raised in homes where spanking was used).
Thank you so much for the research you have done, and continue to do, and for providing so much information. I've been sharing your blog all over :-)

Samuel Martin said...

Shi,

Thanks so much for your message.

I was very happy to hear from you.

I was very moved by what you said. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

I loved the photos on your blog. Wish I had that gift. Just now doing more with photo graphs these days.

Look forward to our next contact.

My book is also available now as a free ebook so feel free to let your friends know they can get it by writing me - info@biblechild.com

Best wishes from Jerusalem

Sam Martin