Welcome message

Dear friends,

Welcome to my blog. I am honored to have you visit. I hope you'll find my articles a blessing. I welcome your input and especially comments and questions.

I write as a Christian from Jerusalem, Israel about Biblical subjects.

I am particularly interested in the subjects of children, families, women's issues, corporal punishment, science and nature as these subjects relate to the Holy Scriptures.

For more information, see my website: www.biblechild.com

With every good wish - Samuel Martin

Monday, March 03, 2014

Bathsheba and Proverbs 31: New Ideas

Bathsheba and Proverbs 31: New Ideas

Doing research on something else, I came across this.

Fascinating and totally unsurprising because I have been thinking this for many years.

From the article "Bathsheba" in the Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature, Vol 2, Page 695: 

"Bath-sheva is said by Jewish tradition to have composed and recited Proverbs 31 by way of admonition or reproof to her son Solomon on his marriage with Pharoah's daughter (Calmet, Dict. s.v.; Corn. a Lapid, on Prov. 31) The rabbins describe her as a woman of vast information and a highly cultivated mind, to whose education Solomon owed much of his wisdom and reputation, end even a great part of the practical philosophy embodied in his Proverbs (q.v)

For more information, see my post -http://samuelmartin.blogspot.co.il/2012/08/feminine-voices-in-proverbs.html

No comments: